Cromer Acute Oncology & Haematology Service (AOHS) is a new service that has been developed to help patients who have symptoms or side effects from their cancer/ treatments, to be cared for closer to home.
How the service can help:
- Telephone and face to face assessments and diagnosis of complications of your cancer or cancer treatment
- Procedures including blood tests, central line flushes and dressings. Care of catheters, drains and stomas.
- Treatments including fluid replacement and antibiotics. Symptom management for pain, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, breathlessness, skin rashes and other concerns
- Information, advice and support including Referrals to community support teams
- Liaising with your specialist team and providing specialist advice as needed
New Acute Oncology Service at Cromer
At the New North Norfolk Macmillan Centre – Cromer Hospital
Available Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 09:00-17:00.
Phone: 01603 646799 – option “2” for Cromer Service
A new nurse led service for patients to get help with symptoms/side effects from their cancer or treatments, closer to home.
We may not be able to help with all concerns but please ring us first and we will access your needs.